HEY SIRI - HOW DO I MAXIMISE APPLE SMART HOME CONTROL USING - HOMEBRIDGE?
The range of home automation products which can be controlled from an IOS device or Homepod using Siri is much bigger than you think thanks to - Homebridge. We will show you how to maximise - Siri Control by setting up Homebridge - and more importantly the products at the most competitive prices
Why we need Homebridge
Background Like many users reading this, I am a dedicated Apple follower and hence determined to implement my Home Control and Automation via the Apple HomeKit System. I have an urgent situation as my mum is in her mid 90s and has Alzheimer’s disease and my dad although slightly younger does a fantastic job of caring for her and the potential opportunities offered by HomeKit enabling me to monitor and control not only the systems in their home, but also who engages with them remotely really would enable me to have greater peace of mind knowing how my dad is coping, also that they are safe and well. I put together my Home Control and Automation strategy and built my shopping list containing some key products:
- A few cameras dotted around the house will enable me to check on them regularly and wouldn’t it be great to be able to have a chit chat if needed.
- Automated Control of their domestic lighting providing illumination as they move around the house or have a chat with Siri would be brilliant and the ability for me to be able to turn on lights remotely to see what is going on at night would be great.
- A Door Intercom/camera system will enable me to answer the door for them and send unwanted visitors packing, without my parents even knowing.
- A chat with Siri would enable them to control heating and their cooler with the option for me to control remotely. An alarm system will keep them safe by alerting the outside world and me of anyone gaining unauthorised access.
- Planning for the worst if I do see something wrong I can not only call the emergency services, I can also lock/unlock the doors to get them inside quickly.
Hue Bridge – works with Homekit, but there is so much more to it than that. The article below shows how its done and some of the additional products which can be controlled.